Wednesday, May 2, 2007

...more pond.

We worked all weekend and for the most part, the pond was finished on Sunday, April 22, 2007. I've added a few plants and re-arranged a few rocks and it will always be a work in progress, I'm sure. But for the most part, it was done that Sunday.

I thought about a lot of things while I worked on it. I wanted it to be a peaceful sanctuary in the middle of this otherwise crazy neighborhood we live in. I wanted the birds to enjoy it, the dogs to drink from it, and the fish to thrive. I wanted to see what little wildlife we do have here in the city to be drawn to it. I thought about all of the people I'd met recently on the message boards and hoped they all had as peaceful a place to sit and meditate, or pray. Because it was a peaceful place even before it was done. Every morning I was drawn to it...I knew what I wanted it to look like and I wouldn't really rest until it looked just like the vision. I thought about the people who were in the middle of their final days on this earth, having battled Alzheimer's and were fighting a losing battle, and I wanted it to be for them, in honor of them and the people who took care of them. And of course, I wanted it to be for Mom. I knew once it was done she would sit in front of it and love it (and she does).

 

No comments: